Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Demo, Demo, Demo!


What a fantastic day we had at Angela's Happy Stamper in Reston, VA. I spent the entire day at her store with the most fabulous group of women you can find anywhere. My demo started at noon and went until 2....well or a quarter to 3 because someone...it could have been me....did a little chatting. I demoed 9 projects including boxes, shaker cards, clever cover holders and beautifully painted flowers with Twinkling H2Os. In the evening, from 6 - 8, we had a new group of ladies in, and we did it all over again. I answered questions and gave hints and told them of all the whoopsies that I have made in stamping, and we all had a good laugh. At the end of the demo, but the day and evening, we had all of the attendees put their names in a hat, and we drew out names and I gave all the demo cards away. This way people had a chance to take home some of the things they had seen made.


I didn't get a chance to meet all of Angela's staff, but the gals that I met were fabulous and oh so talented. If you get a chance to take a class, do so! You will really enjoy it!


I brought a trunk show to Angela's (which means that I brought a whole bunch of stamps for people to choose from) and boy oh boy oh boy did they shop...bless your hearts! They all asked if I could come back another time, and I told them I would beg Angela to have me back again. I think it might work. So, if I do get the chance to come back again, I hope those of you who couldn't make it will visit with me then.


My next appearance will be in Pittsburgh, PA at the StampScrap Art Tour convention July 12 & 13. Check out their web site for more information.

No comments: